I am a 1-8th grade art teacher in Green Bay, WI. I have concocted some of these lessons or stolen them from other talented teachers. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fancy Paper Snowflakes



These were a huge hit last year--so I decided they would be perfect for my 4/5 students to do again--on the last week before Winter Break. It is a great make and take day for them. I do a step-by-step process and draw some of the directions on the board. Students can do many variations including adding more layers, using colored paper, some even used "fancy" scissors to give it more pizzazz. A few donated them to the art room :) Just make sure to borrow staplers from the office or other teachers to help the process.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to know how to do these snowflakes. Do you share?
    Jan
    jlvallar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I share! I tried to post, but all of my images are in one file--too big. I will send you the file--otherwise I think there are directions on Youtube also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please send me this lesson also? These are super cool! My email address is sbeirne@saintraphaelparish.com. My teaching website is www.faithloveart.blogspot.com.
    Thank you!
    S. Beirne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I will see if I can find them on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete